sometimes our car will run great and but then it starts coughing and choking like its not getting gas or something. do you know why this is happening?"

Asked by Feb 01, 2014 at 06:14 AM about the 1994 Chevrolet Lumina 2 Dr Z34 Coupe

someone told me that a kind of front air supply module sensor might be bad is that
possible and the right name for it

110,065

Yes you mass air flow sensor could be the issue. But could be a number of other things too. First I would inspect plug wires. Might have one that is bad and every once in a while it shorts out on metal. (Or hot manifold). Also check battery connections. Could be losing the negative connection due to loose/corroded terminal or loose/dirty on the frame or motor.

38,425

Dandyoun is correct it could be the mass air flow sensor. But I like to start with the cheaper sensors first. The mass air flow is $350. Try replacing your MAP sensor and your air temp sensor first. For about $50 you can replace both of those first to see if that will fix the problem. http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/1994/chevrolet/lumina/fuel_injection/ air_temperature_sensor.html