Wont start whats wrong?

Asked by Feb 18, 2014 at 11:19 PM about the 1994 Chevrolet Corsica 4 Dr STD Sedan

my 94 chevy Corsica wont turn over. replaced alternator, starter ,& has a new battery. what else could it b?

13,695

If your battery is properly connected and charged, when you turn on the key, do you hear the fuel pump running? If so, you battery is connected. Do the interior lights and dash instruments come on? Does the starter make any noise? It should make a click sound as the solenoid pushes the starter arm into the flywheel to engage it. Have you checked any of the fuses? If no starter noise, check for proper connections, and if you have power to the starter. Have you tried to jump start it? If you don't get any action on a jump start, I'd pull the starter and check it again. Make sure the connections are good. After all this, and the starter is good and engaging, have the electronics checked. Most cars will not start if the car is in gear. Make sure the transmission is in park. The key lock may be bad also or the system that prevents the car from starting if in gear. If the starter is engaging and the engine will not turn over and the starter is humming, there may be something blocking the flywheel from turning. Check and make sure there is no damage to the inspection plate or surrounding areas.