Where is the ***n car battery? The unhelpful Driver's Manual shows it to be where the air filter is!

25

Asked by Dec 01, 2013 at 02:23 PM about the 2007 Volkswagen Passat 3.6L 4Motion Wagon

Where is the car battery?

108,815

Drivers side between air filter box and fire wall. Square black box

Best Answer

It's covered...like dandyoun said it's the black box...click for full screen

108,815

Hey something is up. That picture looks different than the one I was looking at. If that's what his looks like then I can see the confusion.

1,835

Yeah...and now days on some they put the dern thing under the Passenger seat........

Well dandy it's labeled 2007 VW Passat 3.6L.....now the wagon part may be the diff, never seen one up close and personal so maybe it's not right... you probably were looking at the right one and I only posted that 'cause I know your device is not so good at it. So aseeling take dandyoun's word over mine...mine being a shot in the dark

And Shannon may be the one with the solution too...dude you're right enough they do that and it sure does not even look like a battery to me when I enlarge it...I see wires but....never a get up like that

Goin' fishin' with Albert Shannon Einstein sounds like a way cool adventure

1,835

hey..LOL. I found that avatar and had to have it.....come to Myrtle Beach and look me up..GOOGLE has been very good to me...

1,835

I had to give up the car Bus. It takes Smart people to do this now....I just bait Hooks now...

108,815

David the way I read his question he might have the one you have a picture of. I looked at the manual also and it shows the one I was taking about. The one in the manual shows the air filter box right in front of where the air filter box is in your picture and shows the battery box sitting right where your air filter box is. Bout to get confused? Lol

25

Wrong answers, all. There is NO black box between the air filter and fire wall! There is NO box with wires in or out except the fuse box. There is a positive terminal you can expose under a cover near the fire wall but NO NEGATIVE... So how do you jump this idiot car? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE GERMANS, My trust has been diminished by many factors.

1,835

OK........then tell us....WE THE HELL IS IT.??? As far as jumping the car, Positive on the jump Lug and ground it ANYWere...

108,815

Agreed. Positive cable to jump post and negative cable to any metal part. Just avoid putting it on metal fuel lines.

80

I was looking for this answer recently myself. I had to ask the dealer. There are two engines on the Passat wagon. On both, there are leads under the hood as explained above.... on mine, the 3.6L Passat 4 motion wagon, the battery, a very large one, is found in a compartment in the back luggage area to the left, just before the rear driver wheel well. You have to remove a small panel by turning the black button with a screw driver to the left, then remove the plastic container type thing below it.... the battery is found there... No need to find it, however, if all you want to do is jump it... that can be done under the hood from the terminals provided.. The owner's manual, on my 2007, did not have any information on where the battery was located... on the smaller engine, (4 cylinder) it is under a plastic cowling under the hood to the right of the engine bloc.. Hope this is helpful. See picture.. could not turn in right direction for some reason...