'94 Cavalier blinkers and dash display not working. How to fix?

Asked by Mar 27, 2011 at 02:35 PM about the 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS

Okay so my blinkers in the car began blinking quickly and then the next day they stopped working. The display in the dash for them as well as the blinkers themselves have stopped working and I have replaced the bulbs as well as the fuses and even replaced the switch and they still aren't working. The cruise control, lights, and hazards are all working and they run on the same switch unit, but it is only the blinkers that aren't. I have been looking around online and have seen a lot of similar problems with the turn signal relay mentioned. Could this also be my problem? Or could it be something else?

2,125

I would check the flasher relay (it sounds dumb, but that's actually what it's called), which is usually up under the dash somewhere on the driver's side. You should have no problem finding one at any auto parts store, and it should cost anywhere from $3 to $10

10

Ok i have the same problem and i went to the parts store and put in a new flasher relay and still nothing. so i guess my next step is the whole switch or do u have any other ideas for a backyard mechanic like me.