why are my spark plugs getting soaked with gas

365

Asked by Nov 19, 2012 at 11:23 AM about the 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Coupe

roll over engine and will not start, pull plugs and they are dripping with gas, after a few, engine not even fire

365

tried that, got soaked right away

365

94 cavalier z24 3.1 injectors

33,635

do you have any spark? You said engine not even fire.

365

I have spark, fires but will not start, after awhile it quits foreign, that's when spill the plugs and they dripping with gas

33,635

Once everything dries put it back together and try starting it with the throttle position sensor unplugged. You may have to use some starting fluid.

365

I will have to try that

365

sprayed starting fluid and still wouldn't start, almost, but no

65

Have it towed to your local Chevrolet dealer. You have already wasted more time and money than they would have charged you.

365

I've spent no money on it yet, I live in williston nd, at least a 3 week wait and very inflated priceing

33,635

What is the fuel pressure and does it drop while cranking? Disconnect the fuel pump relay and try the starter fluid again.

33,635

Just for shits and giggles and to satisfy my own curiosity. Before you do anything else, with the car put together, pull the vacuum hose off the fuel pressure regulator and turn the key on. I had a friend with a 96 olds whose fuel pressure regulator had a rupture in the diaphragm and it was pulouring fuel into the intake. If yours is ruptured badly enough it will act as an open tube from the fuel pump and as soon as you turn the key on the engine will flood with gas.

40

I have a 2000 Dodge DurangoI have replace all the injectors the brain and still miss fires and its putting gas in the spark plugs does anyone have any ideas what I could try

33,635

Find out which cylinder is misfiring then check for spark on that or those cylinders. Check fuel pressure with KOEO and write down on here exactly what it does, build and hold, build and drop off, what are the pressures.

40

1234 are not firing and the pressure is 45 50

40

It acts like it wants to die it holds

33,635

1234 getting spark? If not swap the coils and see if that changes which cylinders are missing, after that check compression, a snapped cam or snapped crank are possibilities.

33,635

As long as the accessories like the alternator and stuff are spinning the crankshaft isn't broken.

I take my spark plug out and gas came out of it won't turn over