i have a 94 that was my mother inlows she said she would be driving down the road and it would start to over heat get to a certain temp then shut off then would have to let cool to start back up again

Asked by Jun 16, 2016 at 10:45 PM about the 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier VL Coupe

20,015

coil breakdown test with heat gun or blow dryer, or ignition module hot breakdown. im assuming this overheat is not super hot and boiling over

the car has not been driving in over 5 year but it would only overheat when like in traffic or in adle but no it would not be super hot or boilling. and the therm. as been changed