My van stops running in the middle of driving

Asked by Feb 01, 2013 at 02:09 PM about the 1997 Chrysler Town & Country LX

It all started when my battery terminals corroded. It was so bad that the positive small wire broke
and the main bigger wire was corroded a few inches up. My husband cut it back til the corrosion was
gone. It worked but the lights on my radio area where the buttons are for the a/c, defrost, and back
wipers flash for about 15ish minutes of driving and turn off. I thought that was it! Until one day it died
on me at a light. It started back up. That happened a couple of times til it was killing the battery. So
we got a replacement harness thing for the positive wire terminals and a new battery. Again,
everything was good. Not long at all after that. The van went back to dying in mid drive. Now whats
happening is.... when it dies, it doesnt want to start. It takes a good minute to get it going again. It
starts right now but I dont drive it for fear of this happening to me and it just never starts up again.
Can someone maybe give me a direction to go in with this situation, PLEASE!!!

97,105

Go to the parts store and get the codes read. That will tell you what part(s) is/are malfunctioning.