1998 chrysler town and country and the air conditoner, and all windshield wiper lights on the buttons are blinking. the back wiper works but not the front. how to fix blinking lights and front wiper.

10

Asked by Mar 19, 2013 at 12:38 AM about the 1998 Chrysler Town & Country LXi AWD

all the buttons for the air conditioner, the front and rear windshield wipers constantly blink off and on. the compressor does not come on for the air. the back wiper works but not the front. why do the lights on the buttons blink and why doesnt front wiper work. every button for wiper turns on rear but not front. its either the LXI AWD or the LX AWD

Set it on full cold, set it to panel vents, blower motor to high. Hold the wash and rear wiper buttons on the control head until all the lights come on. It will run through different tests, different lights will flash and alternate, and when it is done the rear wiper button will flash if everything passed. Push it and everything will go out. If other lights still flash when it is done, the A/C isn't working.

10

the air compressor bearings are making a noise and the cooling fans were removed before i bought the van. the other did not work so you think that those missing items cause it?

Not really, no. Has nothing to do with belts/fans........ That happened to your car because the module was removed.If the Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) control module is replaced, the Calibration Diagnostic and Cool-down tests will need to be performed. Once this group of tests have successfully passed, they can be performed individually. The engine must be running during the test to provide hot coolant for the heater, A/C compressor operation and to assure that the actuators are calibrated correctly. The HVAC control module is capable of troubleshooting the system in approximately 120 seconds. If a condition is detected, an error code is displayed. The error code cannot be erased until the condition is repaired and the diagnostic test is performed. Check wiring before replacing components. CAUTION: Do not remove the actuators from the Heater-A/C unit assembly with power applied. Removal should only be done with the Ignition OFF. The actuators have no mechanical stops to limit the travel. If the actuator rotates and is not connected to the unit assembly, it will become out of calibration.

10

thank you. i will try this the next day or so and see what else i can come up with. once again. thanks. will let you know what happens.

Having the same problem. Tried to run the test but nothing is happening. The wiper and intermittent wiper buttons keep flashing together and the other buttons don't start flashing. Right before this problem started I had to replace the cooling fan relay. That works fine now. I'm also having an issue where my battery is dead after 2-3 days. I bought a new battery and it went dead in 2-3 days as well. Bad alternator possibly? And how would that effect the flashing lights?

Check to see that all inside lighting is shutting off even a door ajar indicator on dash will run down battery aftermarket radio or amp can do the same

I'm pretty sure the system must get signal to compressor to complete diagnostic calibration