Installing a mobility lift in our 1998 Chrysler TC

Asked by Jul 27, 2011 at 12:43 AM about the 1998 Chrysler Town & Country LXi

We have the lift all installed and are looking for some help with getting the wiring run from behind the drivers seat up to the battery where we will then install it. We can't find even a tiny bit of light showing us a pathway to run the wire from inside the car to the battery. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!

MUST REMOVE A GROMET OR DRILL A ACCESS HOLE TO PULL WIRES THREW BECAREFUL NOT TO FRAY WIRES WHILE PULLING THEM THREW SOMETIMES ONE AT A TIME IS BEST....

845

often easiest to go thru rubber grommet 2-3 inches wide.this grommet is made for the steering wheel shaft or the gas cable . fairly thin and large enuf to run wire with space around and not have to drill metal

How do you know where the gromet is located? Is it located under the hood or inside the car? Right now we found a clear space right up by the drivers door and run the wire through which takes it under the top edge of the left fender and right up in under the hood almost alongside the battery. Seems okay so far. Thank you for taking the time to answer. I do appreciate it and certainly if there is a better way I want to know =)

845

that sounds kinda workable, like under the door threshold to that grommet for the door wiring on the door jamb the one i spoke of is inside the car above the gas pedal going to the engine compartment. kind of hard to get to but not too difficult. the one you speak of i tried once but didnt want to do the reach around and behind /under the battery....maybe a coat hangar from the door jamb u could catch it by the battery..... the plastic door threshold will snap up and off. and will just press back into place....good luck....where did u get the lift ? no light tween engine comp and passeng compart is good, it is called a fire wall after all.

Thanks so much. Basically you know where I have it for now but just in case I will be checking out your location tomorrow =) I love this car even tho it is older, on the inside it still looks new. I am thinking down the road a bit I will have the body painted (fix up that bit of rust on the back of it)..She runs well so why add a car payment if ya don't have to! I appreciate your thoughts! Have a great rest of the weekend.