Why is my blower stuck on defrost?

Asked by Dec 05, 2014 at 10:01 PM about the 2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6

The air distribution knob only blows air through the defroster vents, no matter what other
positions I put is on. This is a 2006 Buick Lucerne CXL. Your help is appreciated.

9,250

The directional vents are vacuum controlled ... There are at least 2 or more vacuum actuators and one selector switch. The selector sw is both electric and vacuum ... it sets the output air to the desired location ... upper,lower, defrost etc With the radio off and the blower on slow ... rotate the directional switch and you should hear the baffles changing ... confirm that they changed with the air .... if nothing changes then you have either a small plastic tubing off or the switch is bad. If the tubing is off you will probably notice the engine running rough