Why is the back of my buick lucerne not lowering back down?

670

Asked by Apr 18, 2013 at 10:07 AM about the 2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6

You know how the back of the will auto raise when driving on the highway to help stabilize itself? Well now it wont go back down. Please help

Um what the Judge said X2...huh? A Buick that raises in the back to stabilize? happy to help, but..

Jeff? Yoohoo.... we may be able to figure this out

got it---tho you'll probably need two---

H25....our work is finished here~

seems fishy that 2006 was the ONLY year they used this configuration~

Indeed. $233 later he is on the level

670

no guys its not a convertible. When a buick lucerne (and many other cars) is going speeds of 70 miles per hr or faster the shocks in the back will rise to give a better ride and safer too. well after driving on the hwy yesterday i get home and the back shocks wont go back down. there is no alerts on the dash panel

By the way jeff you have to click on that to see it....as soon as Nikki answers me I might have some ideas,, I finally found it didn't realize it was 2 months old

100,635

The air ride suspension system can both inflate and deflate the air shocks. There is a solenoid on the air compressor that opens to lower the suspension. It's used when you get to the hotel and the valet removes the wife's trunk full of luggage.

what kind of ideas H25? I had some ideas, even asked "can we run away together" but then deleted it-

670

whats 2 months old? Whos NIkki? I did click the pic. ive looked at the part also but it seems to be fine. (not broken)

she's keeping copies, you can keep copies too, is the life of a poor artist, everything is public domain, or it would never be seen -even after my big art show at art asia in Milwaukee, perhaps 6000 people viewed the art, yet no inquiries~

Right on tenspeed...and if it's anything remotely similar to my travels she packs for an overnighter like we are going to Europe for 6 months

never mind Jeff, it's a personal thing, I'm an artist and shared my stuff-- http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-t4222_ds539787 a lot of it if you love it (used to be a draftsman) feel free to snag any of the images...I'm not like that, if you love it your should have it...period.

Sorry Jeff....different thing, I had the Judge's ear on this so I went on a tangent...sorry 'bout that

you'll be alright Jeff, if you change out those level controls~

100,635

"I will stalk you around this site until hell freezes over, have fun as my only mission is to keep you honest and expose you for what you really are, a cheater and an idiot." --- Go ahead, stalk me. I have nothing to hide. How about if I call LeMay and confirm this statement ---- "I am also have many hats I wear at the LeMay Auto Museum, Signature Show Administrator, Collection Specialist, Collections Manager, and Events Coordinator."

Damned, both you guys should know that we cannot sharpen axes, that is not part of the program. Gary, don't see you diving into that pool of turmoil that Tenspeed and myself aren't afraid to give it our best shot, as if we were standing there with the person, and take full responsibility for our answers, Gary....no one will question the Strength of your knowledge, why ya gotta, all the time?...that's all~ please turn your efforts towards helping the next guy~ I give a damn about spot number five, you can have it Gary, you deserve it.

think it was our buddy Einstein who said "Imagination is more valuable then Knowledge"....this has been my modus since the beginning...you cannot miss with what you know to be the truth in your heart of hearts~

rear shocks are $89.99 if this is the issue here~

100,635

You who hates cheater and has two accounts - Ilregal and Rolex24hrs are the same person. Who's going around marking thing helpful now Gary? How did you get 30 points out of this old post already? Do you have a third account? - Check out this thread before Gary deletes his coments -- http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-t18049_ds544681

100,635

"Wow, there we are again, Tenspeed chiming in with his stupid stuff and no brain type crap and suddenly gets two marks as Helpful" --- Gary, are you saying that once the rear shocks inflate for highway stability. they don't deflate? Do you think people drive around with the tails up until the system leaks enough air to drop it down? That's the "stupid stuff" and "no brain type crap" I said. I said they deflate. Prove me wrong.

10

My rear air suspension was starting to go. I replaced the shocks with spring. My car is raised high in the back how do I lower it back to normal height. Is it the ride height sensors or the compressor relief valve. I just brought the car about a month ago it drives great just bunpy in the rear. I but new tires and alignment on it

Do I turn of compressor on 2007 Buick Lucerne before jacking it up