06 heated seat - control module

610

Asked by Dec 12, 2012 at 10:11 AM about the 2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6

I have traced my non working heated seats back to the control module and opened it up (its really just a small motherboard like you see in a pc. One tooth on it where the wires plug into it is black/grayish and the wire box part has a smoky brown stain on it where they connect.
So anyway my question is where can I buy a new motherboard or maybe get this one fixed so I dont have to pay $500 bucks for a "Dealer item"?
Also Im wondering if i wrap tin foil around it if work?

Cover on module says
MTM DCSM
100-1325-F
L0027165D02       051122A
(bar code)
6MXN909A07        B0Z31

************************************
Inside on the motherboard it says

M1305A  
84D41852Z01

Ive tried google with all these item/serial numbers and have had no luck
If you can help with this question I would appreciate it.

33,945

Tin/aluminium foil is a conductive metal and should never come near any type of electrical circuits. http:// www.shop.gmpartscheap.com/ index.php? i=2&type=parts&make=114&model= 372&year=2006&searchall=test ....... delete the spaces, I have never made a purchase from this site but hoefully it will help.

610

Thanks for the link. I search it and others and the lowest price is still over $300 ...dang it

33,945

$300 is high but its better than $500 any day. If I was in your shoes I would look into swapping the drivers with the passengers unless that one controlled both. If that's the case swap the plugs.

Best Answer
610

Yes as far as I know the passengers side controls everything. What do you mean swap plugs?

33,945

I hadn't looked closely at the pic until just now. I was thinking if they made the passenger and driver side modules into one there would be two identical plugs, one for each side and you could switch them and at least get the one side working but that's not the case. Every single part inside that module is available at a radio shack and if you can figure out which piece is bad then you could cold solder a new one in. You may even be able to go to local computer repair places and see if they can fix it. All it is is a simple motherboard. A continuity test will show which piece is bad and it should be easy for they place to repair it. Shouldn't run much more than $50-$100 at the very most depending on where you live.

98,025

Get some universal seat heating controls from eBay or replace all the circuitry with a toggle switch and a indicator lamp. They draw around 8 amps.