1994 chev blazer wont start,got fire and fuel.

10

Asked by Sep 29, 2014 at 08:09 PM about the 1994 Chevrolet Blazer Silverado 4WD

My blazer has tbi ,seems like it is getting to much fuel to run.If i disconect injector it will run until fuel is burned off,truck seems to flood ,,any suggestions to what might be causing this issue.

20

Put stage 2 cams on it it will go faster and it will run fine if it's flooding.lol But for real it can be your ING relay or fuse. It might be bad valve or valves. But most likely I would say is the fuel pump. There is certain pressure it has to put out if it's less or more it won't run. And some cars even if it's 3 or 5 psi over or less it won't run right or at all

20

Gas pump check the fuel pressure. Rent a tester at O'reilly for free.

10

Thanks,ill try the pressure test

10

ALL CHECK OUT,truck getting to much fuel .change fuel regulator,tps,intake gaskets,tbi gasket.,fire is good compression is good. any suggestions getting very expensive at the local garage,

50

Check your Engine temprature sensor for the computer. If that circuit or sensor is open the computer thinks -40 degrees and drops fuel for -40 The sensor will be on the front of the engine around the thermostat housing (where the upper radiator hose is connected). The sensor will have a yellow wire (signal) and a black wire (ground) connected to it.. You can try bridging the two terminals in the connector and seeing if it starts then. This will tell the computer 240 degrees temp so if its cold it may not start from not enough fuel. My experiance has been most failures are not to much fuel pressure but injector control issues. Coolant sensor is fairly cheep and you can plug it in without installing it before you install it as it will be close to engine temp and accurate for a while when first started.