What differentials does the 2.0 UK Turbo have please?

Asked by Aug 27, 2008 at 05:28 PM about the 1995 Subaru Impreza L Special Edition

Is it

Subaru employed the Suretrac front limited-slip differential (LSD) which consists of a series of cams on the front of each axle that match up to the cam followers attached to the differential case.

Subaru equiped these cars with front open differential, through the viscous coupling centre, and then either an open or viscous lsd at the rear.

And what suspension is fitted as std KYB or Bilstien thanks.

This would be a question for a Subaru dealer.

You would think so :-( I phoned Subaru UK technical department and the guy I spoke to said he never heard of a Series McRae but he would pass it on to some one who may have been there longer, and they would get back to me, well that was 3 weeks ago and i've still heard nothing :-(

Wellll...Here are your changes to the 1995 Subaru McRae Edition as opposed to STOCK 2.0: -"Rally Blue" Mica Color Scheme - 6.5"x16" Speedline 'Safari' Alloy Wheels - Colin McRae Decals - Individual Numbered Badging (### of 200) - Factory-Fitted Electric Tilt / Slide Sunroof - Recaro seats in the Front-- Rear Seats and Side Panels were Retrimmed in the Same Le Mans/Avus Material. *** Other then that...The Vehicle is Built to Subaru and Prodrive's Specs.... As for the Suspension...Built and designed by ProDrive. (Which is very similar to Blistien) The Differential is also a rebuilt and redesigned Suretrac, relabeled as ProDrive and a protective guard added... Feel free to email or call with any other questions. Jeremy Taulborg Owner / Technician Redline Motorsports (626)737-8805

Hi Jeremy, I appreciate your time in replying with the very informative response, Is the protective guard noticable under the car at all ? Thanks

Should be (excluding dirt and greasy build up) And I believe is a 7 bolt pattern.... assuming its pretty rust free...should be fairly easy to pop off...

Hi again, I've had a look underneath and I can't see any guards covering the running gear... How certain are you about the running gear please? I would to explain but as this is shown in the public sector I am a little weary of who can read this.. thanks

Well it has been over 2 years since we have seen one of these cars in the shop for more then just routine maintenance... I am almost certain there should be a guard over the diff...If not...chances are it could have broken off or may have been removed by a previous owner or a shop and never replaced.

Ok thanks for that i'll ask my memebrs if they hae one on there's, I dont suppose you can remember what the plaque number was by any chance??

Sure don't. Sorry...Wish I Knew that off hand.. But I'm Here if you have any other questions.