something keeps draining my battery all lights are off i keep having to jump the car help

Asked by Apr 22, 2015 at 08:58 AM about the 2007 Pontiac Torrent Base AWD

4,095

If all of your obvious power features are off, you will just need to do some basic trouble shooting. Connect an amp meter between the battery and the positive cable to it. With the car off, you should see a reading indicating current is flowing from an unknown location. Now, pull each fuse and have someone watch the meter. When you pull the fuse for the circuit that is draining your system, the amp meter will go to zero. That is the circuit that then needs to be disected to find what is energized when the fuse is put back in.

I am having the same problem with my 2006 AWD Pontiac Torrent and it is getting worse. I used to have to jump my car once a day and run it. Now I have to jump it more than twice a day and turn it on throughout the day to make sure the car will start. I have taken it to several auto repair shops and they claim they have fixed the problem but eventually it starts doing the same thing. If I take it to a GM dealership do you think I would have a better chance of getting a positive result? Besides this issue I have enjoyed driving this car and I would like to continue driving it. If anybody could advise, I would appreciate it.

Have your radio checked! Mine is a 06 with factory radio(literally got the torrent from a dealership a week before this started and now been a month). Battery drain was progressively worse, new battery put in, even worse. Parasitic battery drain and the radio is the culprit. Fried my new battery in less than a week. Pontiac will replace your radio with a refurbished one for $350. New factory is over $1000. And aftermarket you can't be sure it won't screw with the computers and such leading to having to have pontiac reprogram the computer(s) Or so I'm told lol. Mine is currently in the shop now having the radio disconnected while I await the new(used) one.