Won't go in Reverse Gear with only 80 miles on it!

35

Asked by Nov 05, 2007 at 11:16 PM about the 2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD

I just bought a brand new Chevy TrailBlazer; and upgrade from my 1998 Chevy Blazer which I loved and has been a fantastic car!  Enough so for me to place my trust in buying a Chevy again!  But with owning the car for less than a week now; and only driven it for two days since buying it; when I went to pull out of my driveway this morning the car would go into R-gear, but no power.  Gave it some gas...nothing.  The car only has 80 miles on it!  Needless to say, I'm not happy at the fact that I haven't driven the car more than 2 days and now dealing with this issue...whatever it may be causing it!  I'll find out more tomorrow at the shop but would love to know if anyone else has experienced this issue and/or can make any suggestions on my rights?

Thank you!
JD

dealer will have to fix since it is new if they refuse or try charging you ,hit them with the lemon law this law is for real, menton it you will get satifaction.

35

Thank you for the feedback. I looked into the Lemon Law factor last night to see what my rights are...looks like you have to have a good size service file for the same issue before even being considered to fall under the Lemon Law. But your right...once those words are put out there to the dealer; they will either need to step up and make you happy or the next step is to move on up to GM's level to take the car back. Thank you again...I'll post an update as to what caused this issue once I get my veh. back from the shop. JD

43,485

Two or three possibilities: one, a problem with the TCM (transmission control module). Two, a problem with the solenoid for reverse gear, or three: a problem with the reverse bore in the valve body -- if it is sticking, it won't go into reverse, but will just rev. The Lemon Law is good but is basically fictional in all but the most extreme cases. This should be a simple warranty repair for you. I have even had before where a car with an electronically controlled trans will temporarily not shift into reverse if I didn't have the shifter locked into the reverse position. Happened once or twice on my '98 Chrysler Sebring.

20

Is a 2006 chevy trailblazer transmission compatable with a 2002 chevy trailblazer transmission? help