known factory defect due to water leak in rear cargo area

Asked by Mar 13, 2010 at 12:22 AM about the 2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT

Have had my TB in Carmax auto shop 7 times for water leak in rear cargo area that collects in storage compartment. Problem still continues ever after leak found and sealed by master mechanic, now sour smell noted as well

90

I just discovered my 2007 trail blazer the cargo area full of water. what and who paid for the repair of your vehicle? did you contact GM ?

30

I also have an 07 Trailblazer. Never had any problems until today. It has rained for three days-almost continuously and I noticed the foul smell first. I then checked the back of my truck and the upholstery and all the items that were placed in the cargo area are soaked! Needless to say, my extended warranty does not cover leaks...upset.

60

I have a 2007 trailblazer ss that I just purchased back in april of 2010 and I have noticed that the carpet in the rear cargo area is all wet and had mold on the lid??? Hello GM health issue here! fix this please and along with much more.

30

EPIC FAIL ON GM'S PART!!! I also have a 2007 chevy trailblazer and have developed a leak in the rear cargo area as well. We live in a very rainy place so we have had to put an electric dehumidifier(totally worth the money) in the car in order to get the carpets completed dry, that is the ONLY way to remove all of the water from the rugs and get rid of the smell/mold/mildew. So far we have found a leak coming from the luggage rack bolts but will be removing the headliner to investigate further/fix. In wet conditions using soapy water and air will help you tell where the leak is coming from. We have removed several side panels and once it was dry have been able to find a pretty clear trail to where the leak is from... GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!