I am looking for some parts for my Saturn and was wondering were people found parts, like headers,intake,exhaust I have a 2002 sl2

55

Asked by Jan 12, 2010 at 08:02 PM about the 2002 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL2 Sedan

45

You won't find ANY aftermarket parts for your Saturn, other than maybe brake rotors, and an intake (if it's a 5 speed manual trans). If you have serious performance questions regarding your Saturn, go to www.sixthsphere.com , register, and start asking questions in the NOOB section.

65

WRONG!. sixthsphere is a great site so definately go there but there is aftermarket stuff, just not that much.OBX makes a header for them,the rest of the exhaust just get custom done at monroe muffler. do 2 1/4" pipe all the way back.intakes are made by a few people including AEM which are the best, just a bit pricey but well worth it.other than that, port and polish your intake manifold, and get a bored throttle body or do it yourself. another good site is saturnmotorsports.com, i think thats their website. hope this helps..... also eibach springs are pretty cheap for these cars. $215-$250 plus labor to put them in if u cant.

45

lol i was saying none its a saturan to.. those arent spoused to go fast there for pregenet teenages.

65

u obviously dont no nothin bout cars.like for example, saturns weigh the same as a civic,2350-2400lbs. they have more hp and torque than a civic besides the Si's, which are way more expensive anyway. there are 400 hp saturns out there. id like to no what u drive.

45

U can look at my garage on here.

65

ok, so just cuz its a saturn, dont mean it wont go fast and/or should'nt go fast. ive seen a 3 cyl. geo make 350 hp.

45

i was just saying its not the sportiest car in the world

65

thats true, but not everyone can afford 300ZX's

45

There not that expesnive. now when you get to tt and convirtable prices start geting jacked up.

45

Ok, ok, there is SOME aftermarket, like the OBX header, but if you know anything about Saturns, you'll know that the only decent exhaust header for them is the 91-92 FACTORY steel head, which is NOT compatible for 9 bolt heads (99-2002), only older heads, from 91-98. Furthermore, You can get SDA dogbone mounts, sure, but they are rare, so good luck. Aside from your occasional CAI/WAI from AEM/BOMZ, etc...you won't find much. Saturn aftermarket is pretty much build your own. I'm only saying this to keep you from wasting your money. Modding a Saturn is like modding a Geo Metro. Waste of time, and money. It'll take you $20K to do on a Saturn what you can do with an old honda civic for $1K. How do I know? I've done this shit THREE TIMES....It's not worth it. Any parts that you CAN just buy, and install, you can find THROUGH sixthsphere anyways, in various threads. That's the place to go. So again, if you ARE going to mod your Saturn, go to Sixthsphere, and LEARN first....otherwise you'll dump your cash into something that'll eat your wallet.

65

most of ur statements r true and i do know bout saturns cuz i have some and have modded them and u r rite bout that header not fitting the 3rd gens but i havent had a problem with my OBX eventhough i have heard of many problems with them and i Do have SDA dogbone mounts also.and its not like modding a metro at all.and u r rite bout takin a civic and spendin a grand or whatever but then again, EVERYONE has a fuckin civic.......thats one of the main reasons to have a saturn to mod......

45

Lol, well as long as we both understand the *cough* stupidity *cough* of modding a Saturn, lol, have fun, and enjoy. My modding my Saturns has been for the same reason...but I'm not...stable...like most people who are Saturnalians. We're a bunch of crazy people.

65

lol. yup.

i dont know why you guyes like those things. theyre mostly plastic, my brothers wife has one and its in and out of the shop several times and theyre too low to the ground.

45

AYE!!!

155

Another website the might interest you is the Saturn Motorsport website. LIke other people have said your saturn needs to be a certain type (manual trans etc) but they make parts just for Saturn. I know for sure that they have a cat back exhaust system if you can afford to pay a pretty penny, as well as OBX headers. Another option to consider is if you have around $3500 you could buy a fairly new Chevy cobalt ss engine. I'm sure you know that Saturn is a branch of GM (well used to be before they were dropped), so the engine will bolt up correctly (if you're unlucky then you'll just have to make new motor mounts). As you probably know now, finding performance parts for Saturn isn't easy, but with the Cobalt SS engine it'll open up some new opportunities; such as intakes, headers, pistons, cams, intake manifolds, how much you can bore out, it comes supercharged so you can beef up the factory supercharger or buy an after market one, and just simple stuff like that. It's just a suggestion.

45

HAHA, the cobalt engine will NEVER bolt up in a Saturn S-Series. A Cobalt IS a Saturn ION, which replaced the S-Series cars. The Ecotec engines are larger (and taller) than the LL0 (S-Series twin cam engine). For the $$$ spent fabricating the required modifications to get an Ecotec to fit in an S-Series engine bay, you may as well go out and buy a nice used Saturn Ion Redline. SMS (Saturn Motorsports) has some neat things, true, but you've got it all wrong about the engine swap. Not that it can't be done...anything can be done...but it's not a simple bolt on affair.

45

We drive em because they're cheap, they don't dent, and they're cheap and easy to fix. Consider the fact that it may be in and out of the shop because it's being driven by someone who obviously has no mechanical skills (you say it's in and out of the shop), and also, they sit 5 3/4" off the ground. Just as high as any other car. Higher than some. How is that too low? Do you have lowering springs on it, or incorrect sized tires?

i was in one once. i have a bad knee. when i was in that car i had a hard time getting out. that car was bone stock and it sat lower then a 96 altima.

155

Touche...lol. I must have read my stuff wrong. Anyways I was just trying to throw some suggestions out there...but yeah I agree with you...anything can be done as long as you have "cubic inch dollars" lol

65

yea,definately way too expensive to do eventhough peopole have said they would like to do it. motor mounts are in very different positions on the ecotecs so it would need heavy modification and prolly a higher hood.

45

The seat inside did, not the car. The car itself sits rather high. But anyway, it's a compact car, what did you expect? An altima is a midsize, of course they'll have differences like that.

155

Yeah...LIke I said earier I should've looked over what I was reading about a little more before just jumping into a convo. My bad. But I'm going to school for this stuff...moddification and I love custom fabricating, and this is one thing I really wanted to do. If able to do this I'll definitely put up pics.

180

Check out www.saturnusedpartsstore.com We specialize in Used Saturn parts and I have some performance stuff in stock. We have some 91-92 headers, those will bolt right up to the later model Saturn's. Also just recently brough in some new inventory with aftermarket header and intake. Call me if your interested, 863-494-6601 These won't last long.

know what youre saying before you speak the llo 1.9 makes more power 125hp 126ftlbs tq than any car in its class honda d16s put down 90 to the street and kids build them all the time same with all engines you can build it. also side note with a good eid and turbo 6-10 psi on stock motor you can make 225hp at the wheels and believe me its more than enough

My 95 saturn sl2 5 speed is all stock except a moded fuel rail an i smoked a moded civic si so saturns are worth building

An their are plenty after market parts for them i just bought a stage three clutch for my saturn. Only because i tore the stock one out

Oh an another plus with a saturn it will come to a dead stop when break is applied nomatter how fast you are going because how light they are. Trust me the breaking saved my life one night

10

For everybody that hates on Saturns needs to head over to 1320video on YouTube and watch a Saturn dust a 5th gen Camaro. End of Story...

you all do realize that the saturns have all kinds of aftermarket parts that can be bolted on and some custom prime example im snapping 80,000 volts for ignition on my 02 sl2 all MSD ignition control interfaces, coil packs, 6al2, wire set, NGK plugs all parts from another GM car that has the same impedances and resistances the injectors im running are Deatschwerks 1,000 cc injectors from another GM that again same impedances and resistances 130mm turbo custom built 2" 4-1 header with a 3" exhaust from header back with a cat delete to straight pipe the cams are again from another GM, not the double stock intake set up, sleeved block 30 over Eagle rods JE full dish pistons stroked Skat Crank port and polished intake 52mm Throttle body another GM performance part that bolts directly on they are easy to build faster than your V-tech and less money to build than your loud ass lawnmower