thinking about a used saturn sc either 1 or2

Asked by Jul 20, 2009 at 10:27 PM about the 2002 Saturn S-Series 3 Dr SC2 Coupe

anyone drive either of these model in any year they made them

345

The 02 Saturn SC2 is a great car responsive and a blast to drive ,very reliable ,i also own a 97 sc2 5 speed with add ons now that fun.

115

I agree I have owned my 2002 SC2 for over a year with little problems.. I love it, my only gripe is the mechanic who repaired the car after its accident didn't put the fog lights back in

115

my fiance has a 2002 sc2 and its an ok car. she get upwards of 38 mpg in it which it nice. burns alot of oil is the only engine problem. it has started to fall apart though. door locks on the passenger side are acting up. center console very weak. engine complains alot on the hills and during any hard acceleration. its not the smoothest ride in the wolrd eaither. for gas and compact sporty car its good but its not a high quality car.

115

I have a '94 sc2, been pretty reliable - if you don't count the cooling system. I have literally replaced every single cooling system component on the car since I got it in 8/08 (radiator (5 times thanks to poor quality control on bond auto's part, now have a used one w/no problems for 6 mo.), water pump, thermostat, coolant temp sensor and coolant temp gauge sensor, radiator hoses (that was a fun day on the interstate), radiator cap, even the head gasket). sun roof leaks, and rocks probably have more give than the seats, not to mention you are just about sitting on the floor. I would not recommend if you are looking for reliable transportation to and from work, but it is an absolute blast to drive, which is why I keep pouring money into mine. At only 2289 lbs curb weight, front and rear stabilizer bars, and stock 195/60R15 tires, this thing can hug a curve like nothing else I've driven (not that I've owned a "real" sports car mind you). I also love the pop-up headlights - just remember to keep them up when the temp drops below freezing if you don't want to burn out the little motors when you turn them on.

85

i drive a 1993 saturn sc2 it is the best car i have ever driven no problems with it it handles nice and it does great in the snow with 40 mpg as a great compliment

155

I definitely think you should go SC2. That second cam just makes it all the more fun to mess around in :D

60

I own my 5th Saturn SC coupe! I am trying to sell my 2001 SC l, only because it is Gold with Black interior. I had ordered the very first Saturn coupe available and it was SUPER!!! I only sold it to get a newer one! My favorite color is silver, so when one FINALLY came up for sale, I jumped on it! I am driving it now, but still have to sell the Gold one! They are great on gas, safety and economy. Very sporty looking, and very fast. They seem to last forever. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a great car. I don't know if this is allowed, but, my car is listed with Cargurus. I live in Orlando, Florida. And I can be reached at agape.77@hotmail.com