I need to replace the idler pulley bolt for a 2001 Saturn SC2 mine was snapped off during the install of a new idler pulley what will I have to do to get whats left of the bolt that's inside the engine tap it out if there is room do do so? Whats is your advice kind people?

Asked by Jul 04, 2015 at 04:43 PM about the 2001 Saturn S-Series 3 Dr SC2 Coupe

Which pulley are you meaning 1pic or 2 pic.

I can assume you mean 1,and is there enough bolt out of the engine to put vise grips on?

Hi thanks for the quick reply T s T its pic 1, I have not removed the pulley yet but I dont think there is enough of the bolt left to use vise grips good idea. I guess I should go & try taking it off again but the car runs fine I guess because the idle still has tension on it from the belt? Whats next remove it now & try the vise grips if that's an option or try if I have room to tap it out?

Try to see is there is enough bolt out of engine to lock vise grips on,would be your best bet,

Being that close to fire wall,you about cant get drill or any thing to it to tap or ease out,

And if the idler is still there on car,there is some bolt there.

Yes I under stand but the 2001 Saturn SC2 has a bearing cradle that the idler pulley rests on & then the bolt mates to the idler then goes inside that protruding cradle thing that the idler bearing rests on & then into the engine so I'm pretty sure that whatevers left of the bolt is inside that cradle but I will remove it & see like you say in a while & get back to you. Thank YOU Happy 4 TH!