'what kind of anti freeze fluid to use saturn 01'SE2

Asked by May 16, 2015 at 05:59 PM about the 2001 Saturn S-Series 3 Dr SC1 Coupe

254,575

What color is the coolant now? If it's orange, then use Dex-Cool. Do not mix with the green/ ethylene glycol antifreeze with the Dex-cool. you will have issues.

1,295

Yes listen to what tom said you will have big problems all kinds of things wrong if you mix those 2 coolants Orange &green I can tell you what my mechanic told me he said if you do used dexa cool and that's the orange coolant that if you go to jiffy lube & they check your fluids and put the green fluid in with your orange coolant fluid it could be a huge problem that happens even by adding a smaller amount so he recommended using universal coolant which is the I believe is green I'm about to go through a coolant flush in refill next week and he's putting in the universal coolant and which I believe is green in color I have the orange Coolant in there now but he's going to do a complete flush and refill & install the universal and its a supposed to be a type of coolant that even if they do put orange or green or any other kind of type of coolant in there it won't hurt anything so that is where your safety is! Hope this helps