Price for car

80

Asked by Jul 31, 2013 at 06:51 PM about the 2001 Saturn S-Series 3 Dr SC1 Coupe

What price should I ask for my 2001 Saturn SC l? It is automatic, has 165,400, has new headlights and roof liner, alloy wheels, cold ac and is in great condition

27,195

I saw your listing at $2,900, which is a bit high. According to www.kbb.com (Kelly Blue Book), at the mileage and you have "IF" it's in Excellent Condition, they estimate that you should be selling for maximum of around $1,820. You can take a look at this the KBB website and plug in any information (i.e. power moonroof) that I may NOT have put in and see if the price is different, but doubt it will increase the price a whole lot. Good Luck!

80

Cargurus noted that my first price of $3333 was a "good deal" and that it was about $450 below market value. Did I miss something???? Then when I lowered it to $2900... it was still listed as a "great deal", and about $747 below market value. Plus as I was looking for one to buy....they were $3000 and up in price and still are! I paid over $2500 for this one , only a few months ago!

475

I've noticed KBB tends to price a bit low in a low-supply market. The credit union I go through uses NADA (www.nadaguides.com) for values, and it lists $2100 for excellent trade-in or $3700 retail.

475

The most accurate way to figure out what to price your car is to study what's for sale and what's sold recently, and aim high or low for negotiating room or to sell quickly.

80

Thanks for all your answers....I was really hoping it would sell on Cargurus....but I have not even had one inquiry! I inquired my self, just to make sure it was working and it was ok!

27,195

Glad we could be of help to you! I checked your listing and it's working fine as you mentioned. Unfortunately, I think there isn't a big demand for used Saturns (It doesn't help matters that Pontiac and Saturn are out of business..even though it can be serviced at any GM Service Shop, if need be). Also, the lack of power windows...roll up windows are a no-go for me and probably for most people). However, this would make a great car for a high schooler or a college student ( I would have loved to have this ...or ANY car for that matter while I was in college...Taking the bus, subways and trains for 4 years kinda sucked, but at least I was near NYC and it was convenient to do so ...LOL!). Good Luck!!