I need a diagram of the fuel system of my 2000 saturn When you pump in the gas it spits out and jhave a bad gas smell inside care after pumping gas

Asked by Apr 02, 2013 at 05:33 PM about the 2000 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SW2 Wagon

when pumping in gas it spits out and have gas smell after pumping  would like to find a diagram of my 2000 satun
fuel system to try and fix problem  Where can I find a diagram?

102,175

You shouldn't have any gas squirting out of any where. You have a fuel rail that the fuel injectors stick into. There is a "O" ring at the top that prevents leaks. It sounds like you need a new set of "O" rings. There is another set at the base where the injector goes into the intake but there is not pressure there so there should be no leak in that area.

102,175

Here's the diagram - http://www.agcoauto.com/content/images/engine/fuel_injector_parts.JPG

been able to find parts and pieces, but sounds to me like you're overfilling the tank....please STOP after it shuts off on the FIRST CLICK, otherwise extra gas floods the charcoal canister...cannot breathe, as the way out is through circulation of the air thru the charcoal, put it's suffocated because you decided it was a good idea to top it off. The problem is correcting your behaviour, has nothing to do with this car~

102,175

The Judge is right on this one. I first thought that Jullian was pumping the gas pedal.

mine does the same thing, no im not overfilling it. when the nozzle clicks off, then a cup or two worth of gas spills out under the car, I have to only fill to 3/4 constantly to avoid spilling at the pump, which is hard since I live in Oregon and not allowed to pump myself, I will be looking into the o rings to see if that would fix it, I assume it would be the ones at the top?