2000 SL-1 A/C clutch engages only when fan is on and defrost is selected. Any other position will not send current to clutch. Help. I love this car!

Asked by Jun 29, 2015 at 06:26 PM about the 2000 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL1 Sedan

A/C clutch will not engage when fan directional sw is in any position but defrost. When A/C sw is on and indicator light is green with fan on and fan directional selector sw is not in defrost, no power goes to comp clutch. I would also like to know how to remove the plastic so that I can access that switch as I believe the problem lies somewhere in that area of the lower center dash.

1,405

Could be a fuse did you check them yet? I believe if you car is like my 2001 SC2 you can just pull the plastic face plate off the panel & then its screws after that.