Overheating

Asked by Jul 13, 2017 at 11:22 AM about the 2000 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL Sedan

I replaced my reservoir on my 2000 Saturn
SL2 series and nothing's happening is still
overheats it comes right out of the cap I
don't know if I should flush it or not but I left
it up my oil cap and I noticed there's a little
residue of water what does that mean does
it mean that I have blown head gasket I don't
know can anybody help me thank you and
God bless

I dont know anything about cars, but I had an issue once that lasted 2 years and had the car to numerous and different repair shops. I received a variety of illness diagnosis from each one and of course all were different and after paying lots of money for repairs that didn't work... I finally changed the radiator cap and that fixed the problem. I don't know how or why because I am not mechanically inclined... I just know that was the problem and not one of the shops I took it too cold figure it out.

109,535

If your engine oil is turning milky color in the oil pan or you see engine oil in the coolant you have a minimum a blown headgasket. If you are a DIY person you can get a kit and run a block check on the engine, just follow the directions.

1,405

This is just my opinion but I think you should go in and have it properly flushed your cooling system maintenanced and flashed and put new coolant in and let them replace the thermostat too because that might be giving you problems and then see what happens you know unless you noticed a lot of water in the oil or its milky then I would just try to see what the shop would do for you unless you want to flush it yourself good luck.