I have a 1999 Saturn SL Series 4-door Standard transmission.

Asked by Sep 14, 2016 at 01:40 PM about the 1999 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL Sedan

I have a 1999 Saturn SL Series 4-door Standard transmission. I've had some issues with it. First, was the shifter cable bushing. Then I remembered it has an oil leak and/or it burns oil. I see two spots leaking under the car. My dad is a mechanic, but I cannot always talk to him about my problems with my car. I was able to replace the bushing, without too many problems. Ive read that the valve cover gaskets often leak, but where else would be leaking underneath the car? One spot is on the driver's side just behind and over under the wheel. It seems like maybe water or something as the puddle spreads out more.The other leak is faster and seems to puddle in just one spot. Its under the passenger side but further in and away from the wheel. I'm worried it has to do with my tranny, as I've been having issues shifting. It seems to stick a bit. Any help you can give me, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Change your valve cover gasket to start with.