My 1999 Saturn sc1 heater quit blowing air. Sounds like someone put a stick in the fan to stop it becausew it sounds loud

Asked by Dec 18, 2015 at 02:01 PM about the 1999 Saturn S-Series 3 Dr SC1 Coupe

I have a 1999 Saturn sc1. The heater just stopped working but it sounds like it is trying to blow but doesn't. It just quit. It is rather loud and sounds like the motor wants to do it's job. Just no fan

1,125

Hi yeah you could have leaves in there actually there could be debris from the street like leaves and stuff like that could be trapped in there in a could have burned out the motor or it's just that you need to replace the motor the which is usually an assembly where you get the motor and the fan called the squirrel cage together I recommend replacing both of those or at least the motor and should be good to go after that you can at least open up the case and see if you can access the motor and the squirrel cage and see what's going on it's usually underneath the dash on the passenger side good luck with that.