My car overheats and leaks coolant. It poured out last time I drove it. I let it sit, the next day, I put water back in the overflow tank and no leaks. What could be the problem?

10

Asked by Oct 15, 2015 at 06:58 PM about the 1999 Saturn S-Series 2 Dr SC1 Coupe

71,305

May be stuck thermostat,or bad water pump,all so check and make sure your radiator fans work when car heats up.

10

Fan doesn't work unless ac is on. But seems like reservoir expands and forces coolant out somrwhere. Plus I just heard a slight gurgling noise as I rediagnosed it today. Is that still water pump issues?

71,305

Change the thermostat first,and check the radiator fan relay and fuse,if this does not fix the issue,it will be the water pump.