Hi I have a Saturn wagon 1998 my transmission broke what year transmission can u put on it ?

Asked by Feb 25, 2015 at 02:31 AM about the 1998 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SW2 Wagon

Should be able to put a 95-2002.

From a s-serie or l-serie it don't matter?

I only looked up S series...

And the Saturn wagon is a s series right?

No clue. That's what it said on your posting. I'm not sure if a wagon would be any different from the sedans transmission. I would think an S series transmission would fit all S series models. I just looked up S series transmissions on Ebay.

Okay thanks

Here's some more info I just found: The only differences between the automatic transmissions are the Servo's. The resistance of these servo's changes throughout the years. But I would be sure that these are the same resistance before you put it in or you risk burning up the PCM. If they aren't the same resistance then you can swap them out from the old transmission to the new one. Yes every transmission that saturn made for the S-Series will "fit" on your engine but if you have the wrong Servo's you'll be in trouble. Also, there are Two different automatic transmissions for the S-Series, the MP6 and the MP7, the MP7 is the performance model and usually comes with the "2" package.

Okay thank u very much man

Thanks reelin68 I also have transmission issues! Good to know about servos! How would I know if its a mp6 or mp7? I have a 2002 sl2. Maybe a code in the vin number??

Pyrolin- http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159538