1998 saturn sw2 manual transmission fluid

Asked by Feb 06, 2015 at 07:15 AM about the 1998 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SW2 Wagon

Need to know correct manual transmission fluid - blue or red?

1,405

Hi this is a post from an advanced member on a Saturn fans web site it should help you: "personally I use Mobil 1 full sythetic dexron III in my trans & it runs so much better!" Post- Re: manual transmission fluid replacement Yes there is a drain plug and if i remember correctly it is a 15mm. Drive the car around the block a few times or put it up on jack stands, and put it in 2nd gear and let it idle in gear for a little while to suspend all the little particles that settle. Dexron III is what is used in these trannys, you can use a sythetic or regular oil it doesn't really make much of a differance as long as you don't use a higher number than dexron III. I hope this answers you questions.

1,405

Hi again, here's the site's address with this post in it let me know if I helped or not? http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158076