please help

Asked by Jan 24, 2015 at 10:25 PM about the 1998 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL2 Sedan

when i fire it up it runs but when i go down the street it starts to lose throttle and sputters
and sometimes dies and i have to start it again and goose the gas to make it move and it
barely goes. i replaced the spark plugs and thats all.

1,285

Hi, when you start the car does it idle ok before driving? It could be your throttle position sensor that could be one thing I'm not sure it's hard to know what's wrong unless I had more information like knowing how many miles are on the car & has it been tuned up lately has anybody worked on it lately? All I can think of is a throttle position sensor cause I had to replace mine and it acted funny with the idle it might be trying to screw things up as far as driving the vehicle I'm not sure could be the spark plugs too hard to tell hope this helps?