98 Saturn SC2 after driving a mile or two I get a hesitation and my daughter says that it has stalled on her.

20

Asked by Nov 08, 2015 at 09:20 PM about the 1998 Saturn S-Series 2 Dr SC2 Coupe

Cleaned out throttle body, egr, & replace o2 senser. Engine still stutters while running. Only for a second.

1,615

you've done a complete tune up spark plug wires spark plugs all your filters fuel filter etc there's also a throttle body sensor that controls your idle that could be dirty or need replaced too hard to tell being an auto mechanic quarterback here sitting down if you know what I mean armchair quarterback on the mechanic repair get back to us let us know a little bit more details about what you've done?

20

I replaced both the sensors on the throttle body. Thought that fixed the problem but when daughter drove car it acted up again for her after 2 days. So I replaced the crank sensor and so far the car has behaved. No more stalling or trying to stall. All the codes disappeared. It has been 6 days since I replace the crank sensor.

20

Replaced the crank sensor and that solved the problem. This was after I replaced both sensors on the throttle body. The crank sensor was replaced 2 years ago so I didn't think that was problem but after replacing all problems disappeared!

1,615

Good job. it was the crank sensor that's one people forget about good job hope it didn't cost to much on the other sensors but you know what they could go faulty too it seems like those two particular sensors always go bad the crank sensor crank position sensor and the throttle body on those cars so good job Glad it's running good!