why does my 97 saturn sl2 want to stall out when i give it gas but runs fine when i get past that point?

20

Asked by Sep 06, 2015 at 01:53 PM about the 1997 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL2 Sedan

1,315

Could be numerous things wrong tune up, spark plugs, fuel delivery I know when I had an issue similar to that it was the throttle position sensor where the idle would run wild like when you're parked and then settle down all the sudden but it usually drove okay so I'm not quite sure what it is but maybe give us more details could be the spark plugs?

20

The car seems to idle fine it just wants to stall everytime i take off from a stop. I have put new plugs and wires on just recently.

1,315

I don't know how many miles are on the car but it could be your catalytic converter when's the last time you got A smog?

20

the car also seems to flood when it stalls I have to hold the pedal to the floor to restart it.

1,315

I can guess could be your throttle position sensor I know when mine was bad I would start the car and it would Idol really high and then after driving and then coming home and putting it in park if It would do the same thing after it was completely wArmed up. So check the throttle position sensor clean your throttle body anything to do with fuel delivery EGR valve clean all that stuff out try seafoaming your engine if you've ever done that before go through all that might be your sticky sticky throttle valve somewhere like in your throttle position sensor something hope that helps