smoke was wafting thru the vents nearest the windshield and can't remove the key and ignition is stuck in the ACC position

Asked by Mar 16, 2015 at 06:14 PM about the 1997 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL2 Sedan

223,225

Smoke is probably a failed heater Core, it's coolant that is steaming. You'll have a film on the windshield from it. Sounds like you need a new ignition lock cylinder and or ignition switch.

1,045

Hi if you haven't put the car in park yet you won't be able to remove the keys it will come out when the car is in park then the neutral safety switch is released then you will be able to take the keys out of the ignition I don't know if you still have it still in drive or reverse or partially in 1 gear or another, with an automatic you wouldn't be able to get the key out until it's all the way in park It might be one of the problems with your ignition lock but that's pretty good advice I think about your heater core I don't know what that could be either?