Temperature light comes on in extremely cold weather 1997 Saturn Sl

Asked by Feb 15, 2015 at 10:36 AM about the 1997 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL2 Sedan

When I start engine and let engine warm up the temperature light comes on and flashes
car is not overheating while driving and anti-freeze is ok could it be cold weather?

Hi yeah it could be a variety of things low coolant first thing I would check is if you have low coolant then I would check to see if you have a blockage in your radiator cooling system and could be your thermostat is bad and also could be your temp sensor needs replaced so you have a variety of things that could be wrong in addition you could actually have a head gasket that's leaking too so you have to investigate further and find out what exactly your car needs but I can just give you hints at what could be wrong but you have to do more investigation into the problem to see what it is?