My water pump is leaking and now since temperature dropped outside and it froze everything on my car......my oil has water in it. It's light brown. Is there a way to do a temp fix for week or two????

40

Asked by Jan 04, 2014 at 09:14 PM about the 1997 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL2 Sedan

It still cranks fine. I can't keep antifreeze bc
it leaks worse with engine off. I drain every
night. But possibly cracked head bc the oil
is very gummy and light brown. This is my
only car and i need It for work, for at least 2
more weeks. Somebody please give me
some good advice and a temp fix.  Please

118,875

Sounds like you got a blown head gasket or something similar. I don't advise using the fix in a can products. They might temporarily stop the leak but in the long run will cause you a lot of headaches and much more money in repairs. I know that's not the answer you are looking for but fixing it right the first time is the only thing that I can advise you to do.

40

Yes. I have made that mistake, and that's part of the problems. I actually think It needs, heater core, water pump, thermostat, and now it either needs a gasket or may have cracked head

40

My main concern is the way the oil is. It's light brown and gummy. I can deal with the water a little longer. I've been draining oil and water to put fresh in, but seems useless changing oil. It goes right back gummy brown

118,875

If you keep driving it like this you will end up having to replace the engine. Right now you only looking at a few hundred dollars to fix it but if the engine goes completely and it will driving it like this you will be spending a thousand or more to fix it.

40

I appreciate it. Im kinda between a rock and a hard place though. How can I find out if it's a gasket for sure though?