Car won't stay running without my foot on the gas

Asked by Nov 19, 2013 at 09:19 PM about the 1997 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL2 Sedan

Last night my car wouldn't stay running without my foot on the gas. I just had the battery
replaced and it didn't seem like that was the issue because the lights and radio still came
on. I got it checked out and they said that I needed the throttle replaced and the fuel
system cleaned. The estimate was $400. Is that accurate? Does that really sound like
what the problem is?

230

i would try fuel tretment and spraing the throttle body with cleaner and replace fuel filter that is about $30

10

may need to check fuel pressure 40 60on gauge and clean throttle body with throttle body cleaner if not enough pressure change fuel filter that is what they r going to do may cost u 30 to do ur self if batterie problem car wouldn't crank when turned off hope it helps

Ok iam having to same problem with my 97 Saturn sl2 ive check oil transmission oil still good it wont stay runing until i keep my foot on the gas pedal and when i did drive it it wont go fast it keep going down the speed so can u help me with whats wrong