I have a Saturn sl2 1997. The past couple days I've been driving my cr has been doing two things that its never done before. When I reverse and put my steering wheel to the right it makes loud noises and shakes a little bit but only in the front right side. What could that be? Also every time I reverse it jumps before I actually reverse. What is that?

Asked by Nov 18, 2012 at 02:33 AM about the 1997 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL2 Sedan

I need help ASAP. I need to drive out of state on thanksgiving

34,945

I would lean towards control arm bushings or strut mount. Either one will allow excess movement in both of those conditions as well as many other conditions. I was also going to say engine mounts but the wheel turning symptom doesn't fit that issue.

1,600

Cv joint going bad.

34,945

Jwhale its making noise while its sitting still. Cv axles make noise while moving and they don't make the car jump while sitting still, shifting gears.

1,600

It hard to diagnois like this with out actually seeing what all the parts are doing, had 04 kia sedona do something simular. When u put it in reverse, u could see the cv axle move up about an inch, but in forward did not do this.

1,600

It hard to diagnois like this with out actually seeing what all the parts are doing, had 04 kia sedona do something simular. When u put it in reverse, u could see the cv axle move up about an inch, but in forward did not do this. So drove fine in foward gears but reverse the cv joint was binding causing it to give u a jumping sensation in reverse only.

1,600

I just got thru working on a car this morning, when u put it in reverse it would slam into reverse, i changed out the elecrical switch on the trasmission, where the shifter cable attaches, solved problem, so maybe your problem but u also said. Pop when u turn it to right, something loose or broken on the right side,