service light came on

Asked by Feb 11, 2008 at 12:41 PM about the 1997 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL1 Sedan

my service light came, what does that mean

7,375

your computer has picked up a reading from a sensor that is "outside" operating protocal. I would take it in and get it scanned. The garage will be able to tell you what went wrong. Sometimes it is just something simple, or it could be a larger issue and if you get it fixed now it might save you some money in the long run. With my experance with this model, it is normally a O2 (oxygen) sensor, which is not that expensive. but if you let it go it can turn into a huge bill. Hope this helps and best of luck.

46,145

Yes, it could be anything from a loose gas cap, to a larger malfunction. Need to have the codes read to find out for sure.