Where do I connect the hose to recharge the AC?

415

Asked by Jul 15, 2007 at 01:26 AM about the 1997 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL Sedan

The users manual only shows a picture of the switches in the car to operate the AC/heating system and the R134a can only says to unscrew the cap located on the metal rod, connect hose, shake can, etc.  But there are seemingly 2 places I could hook up the hose to inject the recharge.  There are 2 identical caps on metal hoses; which one is it?  One is a little lower and closer to the engine and has a smaller mouth and the other would be closer to me and has a larger opening.  Which should I connect the hose to in order to fill with the R134a coolant?

45,595

The smaller-mouthed port closer to the engine is the Low (pressure) side service port. The larger port closer to you is the High Side Service Port. You will want to charge the system through the low side port.

40

If I'm standung in front of the car is it to my left or right

Guys the AC refrigerate hose will only fit the low side port . That's a fact Jack . Closes to the motor . Hope that explains itself. Hope that helps