Have a 97 sc2 Saturn slam shifts in all gears even when cool could it b pcv

10

Asked by Aug 15, 2015 at 01:02 AM about the 1997 Saturn S-Series 2 Dr SC2 Coupe

1,205

Is this a manual car or is it automatic if its a manual then it could be your synchros going out on your gearbox to make it really hard to shift if its an automatic it could be the electric solenoids that switch the gears could be going bad you know also if you change the fluid I would pump the old fluid out from the return line of the trans cooler line pump it out and then pump in new fluid in the inlet line of the transmission cooler I use full synthetic Mobil 1 and that makes a big difference in the way the car shifts if its an automatic manual Too. use 2 buckets the return line can be pump new fluid in and then another bucket used for the old fluid could be used from the inlet line where if you drive and start the car and put up on jacks put it in drive then the fluid inside will be pumped out of the inlet line then you put a hose in the fresh trans fluid bucket and install it on the return line of the cooler so new fluid will be running running through the transmission until all the old fluid is pushed out then you stop the process and reinstall trans cooler lines that's the way to do it you don't want to use high pressure to push the fluid hope this helps give me a good score if it does.

Best Answer
1,205

Thks