How can I locate the Fuses in my SC 97 automatic

20

Asked by Apr 08, 2013 at 04:27 PM about the 1997 Saturn S-Series 2 Dr SC2 Coupe

Losing too many things need to check fuses to see if they are blown or if they just went bad. Had a
problem with my battery dieing, had it replaced but still died, so the mechanic I think removed the fuses
but I need to check them.

more info to come~

20

not too sure what you are trying to say here with this photo. Are there fuses in all these places?

20

Just so you have an idea of what I have lost since the mechanic worked on my car 6 times; no longer have the following items- rear window defroster, cruse control, radio, reminder bell when you leave your keys in car or lights on, and the odometer stopped working. When I asked about these items I was told the car is old and these things wear-out. I think they disconnected the fuses, so I need to check that out.

item 2 underhood fuse block. sorry this isn't very clear

if you click on that silly cartoon, it blows up so you can read it, not that you need to, you've already got it in front of you...in person.

blowed it up, but is still fuzzy and can barely read it~ see if this one is any help to you~

sheet 1, think maybe a different panel, will have to research yet-

if this is unreadable will have to find a different source...your owner's manual has this information in it~

20

Thanks for the information, I went and checked out the fuse boxes and the one under the hood has been revised but not marked so that didn't help me and it is not fasten down anymore either, same with the battery, they switched out with a diferrent one and did not fasten down. But I did get the radio to work somewhat but only on the lower channels, but better than no music. At this point I don't know what else to look for, or should I just accept that the car is old and things wear-out? Can't afford to spend anymore money on this car. Thanks for your advise I really appreciate the help. P.S. When or how often are you suppose to flush the brake fluid on this car? was recently told that it needed to be done.

1,665

Brake fluid absorbs water over time. Depending on your driving habits, you may want to do it every 3 years. The significance of the water content in the brake fluid is that water boils at a lower temperature. So if you're racing/braking down a mountain and the brakes heat up, the brake fluid may boil and you lose all ability to brake. In short, if it looks like swamp water, flush the fluid. lol

1,665

Just so you know, the cover over the fuse box under the hood has a diagram under it as well. Unscrew it, and it'll have the same circuit labels as I described before for the interior panel

aaawg, the roadmap is on the cover if that is the right cover, but with the fuse descriptions and amperage could surmise anyways, sorry about the crappy images, but even I with my lousy eyesight could kinda make 'em out~ As far as brakefluid goes, let sleepin' dogs lie, the level will drop when you need new pads, then will be the time as a matter of fact do flush the old fluid out. It's like washing your engine, sure it's spiffy bright, but chances are you'll be puttin' water where it don't belong despite efforts to waterproof...sometimes it's best to let sleeping dogs lie, I mean have your brakes felt squishy or uncertian? no. then leave it alone~