I want to know what would be the best engine to put in my saturn sl1 for performance without any complications. new wiring harnest and tranni also the best performance.

Asked by Jun 01, 2014 at 01:46 AM about the 1996 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL1 Sedan

i have already dropped 4,000 in my suspension up grades i have 18 inch performance rims
and tires. and new suspension uprades all the way around from coils to shock struts and
strut mounts it handles good and it has already had a 1997 engine and manual
transmissoin put in my odometer says 178,000 miles but the only have 40,000. i am just
looking for more power.

Try getting a 383 stroker to put in it, it's a good motor nice and loud!

Without complications, a DOHC engine and manual trans from a similar year SL2. Anything else will be custom and add cost and complications. Wow, putting 4K into a '96 Saturn and your not done yet? Not sure I would have spent the money.

You want performance? Ditch the monster truck wheels, get a twin cam head, and boost the bitch.

it won't be anywhere as cheap or easy as upgrading a civic. there is not really a performance aftermarket for this car.

^true, but he will get to keep his balls for modding a Saturn.