1995 Saturn sw2 brakes and engine

Asked by Jan 04, 2016 at 03:20 AM about the 1995 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SW2 Wagon

I just bought this car maybe 2 weeks ago
and it has 215,000 I spent 600 knowing it
wasn't a smart choice but I needed a car and
it was all I could find it's a good car just
needs tlc but it's spitting oil from
somewhere bogging and dying when in gear
and idling ruff please help me there's more.

Also the breaks don't stop on time I think the traction control may need some work and it's makes a sound like drinking the Las of your drink with a straw all fluids seem fine also

Yeah it's hard to say what the problems are it sounds like you could have anywhere from a bad idle control valve you need to clean your idle control valve and could be also with rough idle the position sensor, could be a lot of different things. The breaks could be the valve inside the ABS module a number of things you just have to like narrow them down do one thing and move on to the next I would say start with a major tune up, also could be a crank position sensor that's another thing goes bad that when it's hard to start the car.

The car starts fine but drives ruff and bogs I'm thinking about just selling the car as is and get a better one

Yeah I understand what you mean it might be more trouble than it's worth but it's not unheard of for Saturns to go 4 to 5 hundred thousand miles before they quit I've heard of cases of cars lasting that long so you know maybe get a compression test and that would tell you a lot about the motor but then again your transmissions got that kind of wear too. Might not be worth it I hear you. Maybe you can get a compression test and go forward or just sell it and get something with less miles good luck to you.