Bore of Engine

Asked by May 31, 2012 at 03:17 PM about the 1995 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL2 Sedan

I was thinking of machining my engine to increase the displacement. I would like to know about how much i could safely do. I have a 1.9L DOHC inline 4 inside of a Saturn. I want the car to be a sleeper so that's why i want to mod it.

1. how much money do you want to spend on a motor 2. Are you building this motor 3. Are you using the motor thats sitting in the car(is it your only motor)?

1. idk about cost 2. i wanna build this motor, reinforce it so it can hold a turbo 3. yes the only motor i have is in the car

Look at spending 3 grand, minimum. And buying another car to drive during the turds downtime. Get on, create an account and begin stage 1 of the learning process.

i would not recomend boring over .030" and to add strength to the block you might want to get it cryogenically treated

i think u would find that boring an engine has disappointing results for the amout of time u would take to do it urself....and the money if someone else did it

well, he'll find out a lot of disappointing things if he gets his butt over on sixthsphere and asks some questions.