How much R-134a does this model take?

Asked by May 13, 2007 at 12:42 AM about the 1995 Saturn S-Series 2 Dr SC2 Coupe

My air conditioning is shooting out hot air, so we got the R-134a sub-zero synthetic air conditioning agent to refill my car.  After some time running the car, the air started to get cooler with a 13oz. canister.  But I noticed that it's not as cold as it could be.  Should we put in another 13oz. can?  My main question is, how much of the cooling agent can the Saturn '95 SC2 hold?

33,835

Owners manual will tell you volume capacities. Did you have the air condition system flushed out? I would do that and maybe add a little more of the sub-zero agent to see how it effects the system.

No I dident have it flushed out

60,695

Sometimes there is a sticker under the hood that lists refrigerant required volume. It is always best to have the system leak tested, repaired, evacuated and the exact amount of refrigerant added for the best result. Also doing this yourself can be dangerous if you do something careless.