Looking for a EGR solenoid for a 1994 sl1 SOHC 1.9 CA. EMISSIONS Saturn

Asked by Nov 15, 2012 at 07:03 PM about the 1994 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL1 Sedan

I live in R.I. and I'm about to lose the registration because they have stop making this soleniod. The car has less then 100,000 on it and I can't find one anywhere in this state. Can anyone help me. Thanks, Brian

35,545

Looks like there is a listing for both the vacuum for 93-94 and electronic for 94-99 but this site has them both. After copying and pasting you may have to look for random spaces in the address bar, just make sure it pastes all together. http:// www.autopartswarehouse.com/ shop_parts/egr_valve/saturn/ sl1.html

35,545

Btw if yours isn't on this site then you will have to pull the part number off the egr itself and do some searching on Bing or Google. If you don't have any luck then find any markings you can and put them in this post and I'll see what I can do.

John, Thank you for getting back to me, I have really been having a problem here. I have contacted a couple of dealerships in my area. The problem with this part is that it's a discontinued part. They just don't make it anymore. Problem is , I can't even find one in the junk yards, never mind in any of the online parts stores. I even tried Ebay and Craigslist. I just simply can't find a EGR Solenoid for this car. I am going to go out and see if I can't find this part, drop it and take a picture of it. I'll see if I can't find any numbers or markings on it. I have only gone by what my mechanic has said, I am disabled and it's starting to get cold around here. I'll wait until it warms up today and see what I can do. Thank you again John for getting back to me and any help you can be. Brian

1,545

Hop on Saturnfans.com and post a want to buy ad in the S-series forum. Someone will have one for cheap on there. You'll be looking for the Vacuum EGR that they used from 91-94.

910

brian i also live in ri autozone carries them part #evs151 $53.99

Hey guys, thanks for getting back to me, Autozone can't get it. This is a dicontinued part guys. I just simply can't find it. Not in junk yards or special order. I was hoping someone had one sitting in there yard and could pull it for me. That's why I posted on here. You'll find them listed but, you just can't get the part. Thanks Santapaws1, I do appriciate it. Bri

John, I pulled the solenoid. and I took the marking off of it. Doing homework, I found that they are supposed to be 45 ohms. Also, I took these numbers off of it. I hope this helps. as follows; (21020110) Also: (184600-0660) 12volts DENSO If you type in for Autozone part number EVS151, This is what it looks like, should have 2 vacuum inputs and 2 wire pin input on top of it. Thanks John for your help. Brian

Thanks Alex, I'm trying on that site also. Bri

910

brian you can also try car-part.com it's a parts locater service. you can go local or national. will ask for your vin#

Thanks santapaws1, I will try that also. Bri

Well, it was nice to get so many replies but, the best I could get was a picrure of it from Auto Zone. I did remove it and it did match the picture from Auto Zone so I know it's the right one but, I can't believe that GM made this car and to think they didn't use this part in a number of other vehicles as a mass produced item as they have with all the other cars through the years. I have the feeling they did, just can't find someone who will cross-referance it to find one that would work in the originals place. Just my thoughts. Brian

1,545

Saturn was the red headed stepchild of GM's. Nearly everything is unique to Saturns, save a few electrical pieces.