My drivers side door latch is broken and needs to be replaced.

Asked by Dec 01, 2007 at 08:57 PM about the 1993 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL2 Sedan

Saturn dealers can't get the part because it is no longer made.  Where can I find a replacement door latch for my car?
The back doors to these cars do not have key locks.  If the passenger side door latch breaks, we'll be climbing in thru the trunk!  
Please find me a replacement drivers side door latch for my Saturn.  I can't afford a new car.  Single mom.....

Check out I have found all kinds of parts there, most of the junkyards listed will ship them. What exactly is broken with the latch? The most common problem is simply that the plastic piece that holds the latch to the arm for the key lock breaks. This is an easy fix that doesn't require replacement of the latch.