1993 saturn sl2

55

Asked by Aug 30, 2010 at 12:00 AM about the 1993 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL2 Sedan

this goes along with my cry out for help i hear a ticking noise when the clutch is not pressed, but when i press it to the floor the noise is gone

395

I think this ticking is related to the problem you explained in the other topic. It further reinforces my theory of a possible clutch issue.

245

When you but a new slave on it and it dont go away ather you do that. It is your clutch release bearing. Can be out of place or it is bad. I drive my truck with one that wasn't in place right for a long time. If it is bad it will make it some like the clutch is sliping but it is not. It will take some time to make it some like it is sliping tho. If it still make a noise ather you put the new slave on drive it see if shelf good or not Then come back to me and I will try to help you out as much as I can. O yea when you get it back together tast your fork out it met be on wrong our it have to be replace how to tast it go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL-FZ7bT4_A it will show how to

55

clutch is brand new fork is new slave and master is also new but still not getting any pressure when pressing the clutch in it goes rite to the floor

245

It should be easy to push in and it will go to the floor bc thro a swicth it has to push in so you can start the car. My do it also. If it go in to gear will it is running and you can drive it and shift gear. it is good.

245

If it can't do any of that tell me and i will try to help some more

55

just got a new slave/master cylinder the other was bad the problem that im still havin is it will not go into gear when i start it in neutral but it will go through the gears when the car is off. the throwout bearing is new

You need to find out how to bleed your slave and master cylinder your pedal is moving fine but you have no pressure so there is air in your system. There is no bleeder so you may have to park on an incline, with your nose in the air, with your parking break on and rear wheels chocked, uncap your master cylinder and pump your clutch slowly. See if you can get the air bubbles to work their way up and out of the master cylinder. the bubbles will go to the highest point by physics. Dont let the master cylinder go dry. make sure it has fluid. you will need extra to keep it full. Once the bubbles are gone you should feel the pedal increase pressure. Then it should work fine. Unfortunately the system is sold as a sealed unit at the parts store pre bled. It you cant get it bled out see which is cheaper. having it done at a shop that uses a vacume pump or replace the clutch master and slave as a unit. Harbor freight selles a vacuume bleeder cheap for breaks but I dont know if it will work for a clutch. Good luck

After you get all the air out of your system see if the ticking goes away. If not you may have a bent clutch disc from installation. I hope not, it may go away when there is pressure and the clutch has been used a few times. The one great thing about Saturns is you learn something that sticks with you for life. lol Best of luck. Also if there is any way you can get a good seal on the top of your master cyl with the cap removed and get some suction on it for a minute or two it will pull the bubbles out. you will need a real tight seal. you may be able to rig something up using the vacuume line off the brake booster and a make shift cap but be careful not to suck up any fluid. The seal is critical. The incline is the best method.

355

clutch bearring

245

did you replaced the Clutch Pressure Plate when you put the new clutch in? If not it meant be bad.My dad allwas said put new pressure plate in when you put a new clutch in. if not the pressure plate meant not pushing the clutch in all the way If you still have that ticking noise that meant be y. If you dont replace the plate and you gone to put a new thow out bearing in it if it still making that ticking noise

55

everything was new. i found out the problem had to bite the bullet and take it all apart again the new throwout bearing broke where it connected to the clutch fork and messed up everything i had replaced parts are in the mail will be going in the car today just hoping nothing else goes wrong. thanx for the help.

45

use transyd for fluid as used in allison transmissions.Its thicker and eliminates that gear chatter. Had the same issue and my throwout and clutch is brand new.