i dont know what is wrong with my 1993 saturn sc2

Asked by Jun 19, 2007 at 10:43 PM about the 1993 Saturn S-Series 2 Dr SC2 Coupe

there are a number of things that are wrong and i cant figure out with my car. i own a 93 saturn sc2 and about a month ago i stoped driving it because is would start to eather bog out or rev high out of no where. so i parked it my garage for about a month thinkin that the problem was a perj canester, but i know i come to fint out that my car when it dose start wont stay running unless i have the gas punched to the floor and it wont go past 3,000 rpm's, when i put it into drive it normaly dies but when it dose move its like the breaks are locked, because my back wheels dont turn. my car has just been sitting there it was ridable and now (no one touched it) it wont even drive. i have know idea wat is cauzing all of the malfunctions, i really could use some help...

THANKZ

29,695

I could name so many things here but it seems that there are so many issues here that it really needs to be seen to by a professional mechanic. You probably need to start asking yourself if it is worth it to sink money into a 14 year old car.

395

Hi Play, Your issue is not a rare one. My 97 SL2 has been doing the same things. When I start it it revs itself up and I have to wait about 40 seconds for it to settle before I can put it in gear and then wait again while it settles before I take my foot off the brake. And forget about speeding away from a stop sign; if the gas is punched too hard it bogs down or even dies. My car looses oil fast (due to leaky valve cover gasket, which goes out quickly due to some other unknown problem), but if the oil is new and full I don't have as many idle issues. I've been making repairs constantly for 3 years...even started buying parts from my mom who's Saturn has also been a bother...only to fix one problem and find out there's another. Saturns...what a joy!!